grain bread ingredients
1 tablespoon (14 g) dried yeast
1 tablespoon (20 g) sugar
1 3/4 cups (375 mL) warm water
1 3/4 cups (265 g) wholemeal flour
1 cup (150 g) flour
1/4 cup (50 g) kibbled wheat
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup (20 g) bran
1 tablespoon (20 g) butter
1. Mix yeast with sugar and 2 tablespoons (40 mL) extra water,
cover and allow to stand until frothy, approx 10 minutes.
2. Mix dry ingredients. Rub in butter.
3. Add yeast mixture and water and mix into a soft dough.
4. Turn on to lightly floured surface and knead until dough is
smooth and elastic.
5. Return dough to mixing bowl. Cover and prove in warm water
place until doubled in size.
6. Turn on to floured surface, knead and shape into loaf, place
in pan and press into corners.
7. Prove in warm place until doubled in size.
8. Set oven at 220 C.
9. Bake at 220 C for 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 180 C and
continue cooking for further 10-15 minutes.
10. Bake until brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
11. Remove from pan immediately and cool on cake cooler.